Skip to main content

Social Housing

Housing Properties

Windsor Family Homes & Community Partnerships currently owns more than 120 units throughout Windsor.

WFHCP assists some of the most vulnerable in our community, offering 75% of these homes as rent-geared-to-income (RGI) housing.

A large percentage of our tenants include:

  • Individuals and families on low income
  • Individuals and families on fixed incomes, including seniors and people with disabilities

Since being established as a non-profit in 1975, WFHCP has continued to add a variety of homes and properties to its portfolio.

This makes it possible to fill the varying needs of many individuals and families in Windsor.

These properties include:

  • Individual homes
  • Duplexes
  • Triplexes
  • Four-plexes
  • Multi-unit row houses
  • Six-plex residential housing unit

Properties are found throughout Windsor, with a large concentration in the city’s downtown core communities.

WFHCP respects their tenant’s privacy and believes in discretion. To alleviate possible stigmas associated with subsidized housing, none of the housing properties display signage or markings that would indicate to others from whom the tenants are renting. Similarly, agency vehicles are signage-free as well.

Current Vacancies

Currently at max capacity.

How to Qualify

Individuals or households seeking subsidized housing must go through the Central Housing Registry – Windsor/Essex County free application process. Eligibility will be determined by CHR. All forms and instructions are available on the CHR website. Please read all instructions carefully, your application will not be considered for eligibility if the application is incomplete or if documents are missing.

Applicant must:

  • Fill in an application form
    • Make sure the Declaration and Consent and Release on the application has been signed by ALL non-dependant members of your household who are 16 years or older
    • Make sure to submit all required supporting documents
  • Fill in the Location Preference Sheet

If assistance is required to fill in the application, you may ask for help by contacting one of the following agencies:

ACCESS County Community Support Services

ACCESS County Community Support Services

Once the application is complete, you may mail or drop in person your forms and supporting documentation to their offices.